Workshop - Simple Christmas Tree Decorations
This is a fun workshop where you can make some beautiful Free Machined decorations for your Christmas Tree. You only need to have a basic idea of how to Free Machine and the extra skills you will learn will be how to trap within a densely populated pocket and how to use wire for extra stability and bendability! I will demonstrate the skills you need and give you the chance to have a bit of a practice where you can ask questions, get help and guidance individually and gain confidence in your own expertise. Once you are happy, you can begin your own distinctive decorations. Although those pictured are round and square, you might decide on a shape of your own….the choice is yours!
What you will need:
- Sewing machine in excellent order where the feed dogs can be lowered or covered and where you can control top tension and set stitch length and width to 0
- calico to practice your Free Machining skills if necessary
- white synthetic chiffon scarf
- bits and pieces of sparkly fabric
- machine embroidery thread bits. Sweepings from the floor underneath your working space can be a good source
- any shinny bits and pieces like sequins, Xmas table sprinkles and so on
- machine embroidery threads in Xmas colours. Polyester if your experience is limited or to practice with as well as some rayons and metallics to try (they are easier to use than you think when you know how!)
- usual sewing kit
- 8” wooden embroidery hoop with inner hoop bound with bias binding
- a proper screw driver
- your sewing machine instruction booklet
- spare machine needles
N.B. I will have some white synthetic chiffon scarves for sale at cost, if needed.